REVIEWS FROM OUR CUSTOMERS
A tree fell on our house during a storm. The next morning, a Saturday, we started calling a few tree removal companies. Most never called back at all. These guys answered the phone straight away, came to assess the situation within an hour, and had the tree off our house the same day. They were polite and helpful throughout and took great care to protect the lawn and garden . They left the place spotless. Literally not a leaf or acorn was left behind. I am so impressed with their work. I would recommend them to anyone.
This crew was amazing. They came out and didn’t play around. They mean business! Did a great job and are very professional. Thanks Arbor Ace.
I highly recommended Arbor Ace Tree Service. We had a huge magnolia tree that was storm damaged and had to come down. Their price was fair and reasonable. Mike and his crew did a great job. They took great care to thoroughly clean the site after all the tree removal was done.
I wanted to update my initial review from 2017 (see below) because I had the team come out again for some additional work (see details below) and once again Mike, Mike, and Joe along with A.J. helping out during a semester break were fantastic. August 2018 review - I called the team to help with dead limbs on a neighbor's tree overhanging my yard and to help sort out another tree out front in distress. As before, they explained the plan for the work that included respecting the neighbor's tree while making my yard safe for people and an ornamental tree that was being encroached, and gaining approval from the town to address the distressed tree. As before, I am thrilled with the outcome, and so are my neighbors - the trees still look like trees, only better - Thank you guys! November 2017 review - From the initial estimate when Mike explained the goals for pruning a massive oak in the back yard and a smaller tree in the front to clear branches away from wires, to the on-site work as they explained additional details about the trees and their overall health, engaging the neighbors affected by overhanging limbs, and cleaning up not only the branches taken down, but even the leaves in the gutters and flower beds. This is one team that delivers on their promises and then some - so rare and refreshing! Hire this team, you will be glad you did!!
We highly recommend Arbor Ace! They took down one of our trees and pruned another in a few quick hours. Overall a pleasant experience to work with
I recently had to have a very large tree removed that was in between my house and my neighbor's. Several of the companies I had come to give me estimates were reluctant due to the close proximity of the tree to both our houses. Mike and his team from Arbor Ace came and were both professional and confident that they would be able to to the job and were extremely fair with their price so I hired them . I was afraid that they were "too good to be true". On the day they were scheduled to come, I unfortunately had to work but Mike assured me he would make sure things were done to my satisfaction but I was still worried. I've had bad experiences with contractors in the past but I had no choice. During the time they were working on the tree, several of my neighbors called me at work to tell me what a great job they were doing and that they were very impressed by their attention to detail making sure both of our homes were protected from any falling limbs or branches. I arrived home just as they were finishing up and was EXTREMELY happy that the job they did was perfect! Not only that, both my property and my neighbors were meticulous! You could not even tell that tree was ever there! "Thank you so much Mike and John for all of your hard work and professionalism. I really cannot say enough about your company and you guys as individuals. You can see you take great pride in what you do and I am really proud to refer you to anyone who wants the best! Three of my neighbors took your name and number! Wishing you all the best!" Linda
Certified Treecare Safety Professional
NJ Licensed Tree Expert
NJ Shade Tree Federation Member
- Reputation Matters. Reputable companies are most likely too busy to seek your business by knocking on your door unsolicited.
- A “good deal” isn’t always a good thing. Avoid special pricing that is only offered if you make an immediate decision.
- Ask for certificates of insurance. Liability and Worker’s Comp insurance protects you if they damage your property or injure someone.
- Ask for references. If possible, try to look at some previous work the arborist or tree care company has done.
- Hire a NJ Licensed Tree Expert. Go to NJ Tree Experts for more information.
- Verify memberships in any of the tree industry organizations in New Jersey.
- Check for certifications. The International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) certification indicates a knowledge and understanding of proper tree care work.
- Acceptable methodologies. Certain unacceptable pruning methods can severely deforms a tree and creates hazardous conditions. Make sure they’re not doing more harm than good.
- Get a written contract. Know in advance what work is going to be done, the dates the work is scheduled to begin and end, the total cost, what clean-up will be done and whether stump grinding is included if a tree is being removed. Reference to ANSI standards A300 should be included in the agreement.
- Be flexible. Tree care work usually slows down as winter approaches and you may save money if work can be done in the off-season. The dormant season is actually the best time for certain activities, including tree pruning and some pest control.
Pruning or removing trees, especially large trees, can be dangerous work. Tree work should be done only by those trained and equipped to work safely in trees. When you hire a licensed tree expert, you can be sure he is reputable and has a superior level of knowledge and understanding of proper tree care work.