REVIEWS FROM OUR CUSTOMERS
We called Joe after a tree fell along our property and our neighbors taking out a section of our fence. He was quick and Gave us a reasonable price for the tree removal shortly after the storm took out the trash. Joe is very knowledgeable and his guys worked diligently to remove the tree and all debris including pieces of our fence that had been scattered across the lawn. We will likely use Joe again to remove the other tree near our property line.
I wanted to update my initial review from 2017 (see below) because I had the team come out again for some additional work (see details below) and once again Mike, Mike, and Joe along with A.J. helping out during a semester break were fantastic. August 2018 review - I called the team to help with dead limbs on a neighbor's tree overhanging my yard and to help sort out another tree out front in distress. As before, they explained the plan for the work that included respecting the neighbor's tree while making my yard safe for people and an ornamental tree that was being encroached, and gaining approval from the town to address the distressed tree. As before, I am thrilled with the outcome, and so are my neighbors - the trees still look like trees, only better - Thank you guys! November 2017 review - From the initial estimate when Mike explained the goals for pruning a massive oak in the back yard and a smaller tree in the front to clear branches away from wires, to the on-site work as they explained additional details about the trees and their overall health, engaging the neighbors affected by overhanging limbs, and cleaning up not only the branches taken down, but even the leaves in the gutters and flower beds. This is one team that delivers on their promises and then some - so rare and refreshing! Hire this team, you will be glad you did!!
I recently called Arbor Ace Tree Service and another company to give me estimates for an emergency removal of two trees that had fallen from the adjacent property onto my backyard fence and garage. I then encountered the awkward situation when both companies arrived within minutes of each other to give me their estimates. Not only was Arbor Ace Tree Service courteous, professional, knowledgeable, and thorough but they agreed to split the job with the other company, who was quoting me the same price for also doing the job immediately. Arbor Ace Tree Service and the other company combined to get the job done in half the time for the same combined price both were quoting me individually. I wholeheartedly recommend Arbor Ace Tree Service (and the other company, who is also getting a 5-star review from me) for emergency tree removal needs.
When our mature ash tree did not grow its usual leaves, we researched and called Arbor Ace Tree Service. We are so glad we did. Despite an unusually rainy season that caused a backlog of outside work, Mike and Joe made time to diagnose our problem and schedule our tree’s removal. They also stayed in touch during weather delays, and worked in between storms to remove our dead tree promptly. Arbor Ace used top-of-the-line equipment to carefully cut and lower the tree’s tall and heavy branches, which kept all removal quiet, neat, and safe. In addition to grinding our stump, they spread the mulch that was created over a muddy and barren area, improving our backyard’s appearance. All staff members were courteous and professional, not only to us but also our adjacent neighbors. They were also mindful of the entire neighborhood, checking for any remaining small branches and debris before they left the street. We highly recommend this crew. They are true tree experts, with years of experience, and the technology and education needed to handle the most complicated of jobs. Thank you, Arbor Ace! Michele and Dan, Caldwell
Michael came out to help us understand the issues we were having with our flowering plums. Very knowledgeable and informative, he only made recommendations with our best interesting in mind. In the spring when the time is right without a doubt he is who we will hire for the work. Well done Michael.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: FRIENDLY, PROFESSIONAL, KNOWLEDGEABLE, VERY THOROUGH, COURTEOUS!!! Called Arbor Ace for a non-emergency possible tree removal for a pin oak tree that was over 3 stories high, in between power lines, 2 sheds, a shared fence, and was starting to lift the ground around it. They gave an estimate on when, how long the job would be, and what to expect. They were able to also address all of my questions i had. At the end, we decided it was best to remove the tree. The job was finished in 3 half days (its December, so days are short now), stored and cleaned up the all the branch debris. I was expecting to come home with tree twigs everywhere the day they took down the branches and chipped the wood. I thought i would have to do some light sweeping but was surprised to not find branch/tree debris in my backyard, front yard, drive way or street. They were swift, thorough, efficient! They were able to cut the tree and grind the stump with no damage to our shared fence, sheds, or bushes around the tree. They were very friendly and courteous. They called ahead, reviewed logistics with our schedule, street cleaning, and where to park their vehicles. They also contacted our neighbors ahead of time with permission to use their backyard and block the drive way. I would absolutely recommend them as they went above and beyond expectations.
Certified Treecare Safety Professional
NJ Licensed Tree Expert
NJ Shade Tree Federation Member
- Reputation Matters. Reputable companies are most likely too busy to seek your business by knocking on your door unsolicited.
- A “good deal” isn’t always a good thing. Avoid special pricing that is only offered if you make an immediate decision.
- Ask for certificates of insurance. Liability and Worker’s Comp insurance protects you if they damage your property or injure someone.
- Ask for references. If possible, try to look at some previous work the arborist or tree care company has done.
- Hire a NJ Licensed Tree Expert. Go to NJ Tree Experts for more information.
- Verify memberships in any of the tree industry organizations in New Jersey.
- Check for certifications. The International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) certification indicates a knowledge and understanding of proper tree care work.
- Acceptable methodologies. Certain unacceptable pruning methods can severely deforms a tree and creates hazardous conditions. Make sure they’re not doing more harm than good.
- Get a written contract. Know in advance what work is going to be done, the dates the work is scheduled to begin and end, the total cost, what clean-up will be done and whether stump grinding is included if a tree is being removed. Reference to ANSI standards A300 should be included in the agreement.
- Be flexible. Tree care work usually slows down as winter approaches and you may save money if work can be done in the off-season. The dormant season is actually the best time for certain activities, including tree pruning and some pest control.
Pruning or removing trees, especially large trees, can be dangerous work. Tree work should be done only by those trained and equipped to work safely in trees. When you hire a licensed tree expert, you can be sure he is reputable and has a superior level of knowledge and understanding of proper tree care work.