REVIEWS FROM OUR CUSTOMERS
I’m very happy with the service I received. I needed my cherry blossom tree pruned and they did exactly what I asked. Looks great.
I recently called Arbor Ace Tree Service and another company to give me estimates for an emergency removal of two trees that had fallen from the adjacent property onto my backyard fence and garage. I then encountered the awkward situation when both companies arrived within minutes of each other to give me their estimates. Not only was Arbor Ace Tree Service courteous, professional, knowledgeable, and thorough but they agreed to split the job with the other company, who was quoting me the same price for also doing the job immediately. Arbor Ace Tree Service and the other company combined to get the job done in half the time for the same combined price both were quoting me individually. I wholeheartedly recommend Arbor Ace Tree Service (and the other company, who is also getting a 5-star review from me) for emergency tree removal needs.
Arbor Ace Tree Service removed a tree from my home. The company was prompt and professional. After this work was completed, I asked them to prune a tree. Joe said my tree didn't need pruning and saved me from an unnecessary expense. His honesty was truly impressive.
I had a holly tree growing against my house that I needed to have removed. My co-workers recommended calling Arbor Ace based on their experiences. I'm glad I did, they did a fantastic job removing the tree and stump without damage to my foundation or roof. They cleaned up after the removal, every branch and twig. They even took the time to pet and play with my dog when she went outside to see what was going on in her yard. I definitely recommend them, I know if the need arises I wouldn't hesitate to call again.
Great crew - quick work - good advice on types of trees and placement required. Through them we also coordinated purchasing a healthy replacement tree that is looking lovely and strong.
I just called Arbor Ace on a Sunday and received a call bak in 10 minutes from the owner Mike, who could not have possibly been any more helpful than he was. The nature of my call was very specific, and after I explained what I needed, Mike was quick to tell me that he knew a specialist who might be better equipped to handle my particular situation, and so he referred me to the specialist. I have to say that I have dealt with many contractors, landscapers, etc., and his upfront and transparent nature and willingness to be helpful was quite refreshing. So on this basis I am giving them 5 stars and they will be the top of my list to call for my future needs.
Certified Treecare Safety Professional
NJ Licensed Tree Expert
NJ Shade Tree Federation Member
- Reputation Matters. Reputable companies are most likely too busy to seek your business by knocking on your door unsolicited.
- A “good deal” isn’t always a good thing. Avoid special pricing that is only offered if you make an immediate decision.
- Ask for certificates of insurance. Liability and Worker’s Comp insurance protects you if they damage your property or injure someone.
- Ask for references. If possible, try to look at some previous work the arborist or tree care company has done.
- Hire a NJ Licensed Tree Expert. Go to NJ Tree Experts for more information.
- Verify memberships in any of the tree industry organizations in New Jersey.
- Check for certifications. The International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) certification indicates a knowledge and understanding of proper tree care work.
- Acceptable methodologies. Certain unacceptable pruning methods can severely deforms a tree and creates hazardous conditions. Make sure they’re not doing more harm than good.
- Get a written contract. Know in advance what work is going to be done, the dates the work is scheduled to begin and end, the total cost, what clean-up will be done and whether stump grinding is included if a tree is being removed. Reference to ANSI standards A300 should be included in the agreement.
- Be flexible. Tree care work usually slows down as winter approaches and you may save money if work can be done in the off-season. The dormant season is actually the best time for certain activities, including tree pruning and some pest control.
Pruning or removing trees, especially large trees, can be dangerous work. Tree work should be done only by those trained and equipped to work safely in trees. When you hire a licensed tree expert, you can be sure he is reputable and has a superior level of knowledge and understanding of proper tree care work.