REVIEWS FROM OUR CUSTOMERS
This crew was amazing. They came out and didn’t play around. They mean business! Did a great job and are very professional. Thanks Arbor Ace.
When our mature ash tree did not grow its usual leaves, we researched and called Arbor Ace Tree Service. We are so glad we did. Despite an unusually rainy season that caused a backlog of outside work, Mike and Joe made time to diagnose our problem and schedule our tree’s removal. They also stayed in touch during weather delays, and worked in between storms to remove our dead tree promptly. Arbor Ace used top-of-the-line equipment to carefully cut and lower the tree’s tall and heavy branches, which kept all removal quiet, neat, and safe. In addition to grinding our stump, they spread the mulch that was created over a muddy and barren area, improving our backyard’s appearance. All staff members were courteous and professional, not only to us but also our adjacent neighbors. They were also mindful of the entire neighborhood, checking for any remaining small branches and debris before they left the street. We highly recommend this crew. They are true tree experts, with years of experience, and the technology and education needed to handle the most complicated of jobs. Thank you, Arbor Ace! Michele and Dan, Caldwell
Mike and his team did an excellent job in removing two trees from our front lawn. They were easy and great to work with from start to end. They went above and beyond by cleaning all debris, not only from our front lawn, driveway and roof, but also from our next door and across the street neighbors. We are extremely happy with the work and would highly recommend to anyone looking for tree services!
Joe came out to look at all our trees and answer all questions. Provided us with important information and didn't recommend anything that was not absolutely necessary. Definitely trustworthy and will be working with them for future needs!
Highly recommended and true to their word, the most professional tree service I’ve worked with- taking down a dead tree, grinding two stumps and surface roots plus some trimming - the job was done amazingly fast and cleaned up beautifully every day. Well priced and I finally have a lovely side yard ! Thank you, Arbor Ace!
We highly recommend Arbor Ace! They took down one of our trees and pruned another in a few quick hours. Overall a pleasant experience to work with
Certified Treecare Safety Professional
NJ Licensed Tree Expert
NJ Shade Tree Federation Member
As a Licensed Tree Expert and ISA Certified Arborist, Arbor Ace Tree Service owner Mike Zelenka strongly recommends reviewing this important checklist, based on recommendations made by the NJ Board of Tree Experts.
- Reputation Matters. Reputable companies are most likely too busy to seek your business by knocking on your door unsolicited.
- A “good deal” isn’t always a good thing. Avoid special pricing that is only offered if you make an immediate decision.
- Ask for certificates of insurance. Liability and Worker’s Comp insurance protects you if they damage your property or injure someone.
- Ask for references. If possible, try to look at some previous work the arborist or tree care company has done.
- Hire a NJ Licensed Tree Expert. Go to NJ Tree Experts for more information.
- Verify memberships in any of the tree industry organizations in New Jersey.
- Check for certifications. The International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) certification indicates a knowledge and understanding of proper tree care work.
- Acceptable methodologies. Certain unacceptable pruning methods can severely deforms a tree and creates hazardous conditions. Make sure they’re not doing more harm than good.
- Get a written contract. Know in advance what work is going to be done, the dates the work is scheduled to begin and end, the total cost, what clean-up will be done and whether stump grinding is included if a tree is being removed. Reference to ANSI standards A300 should be included in the agreement.
- Be flexible. Tree care work usually slows down as winter approaches and you may save money if work can be done in the off-season. The dormant season is actually the best time for certain activities, including tree pruning and some pest control.
Pruning or removing trees, especially large trees, can be dangerous work. Tree work should be done only by those trained and equipped to work safely in trees. When you hire a licensed tree expert, you can be sure he is reputable and has a superior level of knowledge and understanding of proper tree care work.