REVIEWS FROM OUR CUSTOMERS
We called Arbor Ace for an estimate based on other positive reviews. So glad we did. Very professional team from estimate to completion and clean-up. Outstanding job and we plan on using them again for more tree removal. The guys worked safely and coordinated their tasks. Thanks Arbor Ace for a job well done.
I recently called Arbor Ace Tree Service and another company to give me estimates for an emergency removal of two trees that had fallen from the adjacent property onto my backyard fence and garage. I then encountered the awkward situation when both companies arrived within minutes of each other to give me their estimates. Not only was Arbor Ace Tree Service courteous, professional, knowledgeable, and thorough but they agreed to split the job with the other company, who was quoting me the same price for also doing the job immediately. Arbor Ace Tree Service and the other company combined to get the job done in half the time for the same combined price both were quoting me individually. I wholeheartedly recommend Arbor Ace Tree Service (and the other company, who is also getting a 5-star review from me) for emergency tree removal needs.
Highly recommended and true to their word, the most professional tree service I’ve worked with- taking down a dead tree, grinding two stumps and surface roots plus some trimming - the job was done amazingly fast and cleaned up beautifully every day. Well priced and I finally have a lovely side yard ! Thank you, Arbor Ace!
I wanted to update my initial review from 2017 (see below) because I had the team come out again for some additional work (see details below) and once again Mike, Mike, and Joe along with A.J. helping out during a semester break were fantastic. August 2018 review - I called the team to help with dead limbs on a neighbor's tree overhanging my yard and to help sort out another tree out front in distress. As before, they explained the plan for the work that included respecting the neighbor's tree while making my yard safe for people and an ornamental tree that was being encroached, and gaining approval from the town to address the distressed tree. As before, I am thrilled with the outcome, and so are my neighbors - the trees still look like trees, only better - Thank you guys! November 2017 review - From the initial estimate when Mike explained the goals for pruning a massive oak in the back yard and a smaller tree in the front to clear branches away from wires, to the on-site work as they explained additional details about the trees and their overall health, engaging the neighbors affected by overhanging limbs, and cleaning up not only the branches taken down, but even the leaves in the gutters and flower beds. This is one team that delivers on their promises and then some - so rare and refreshing! Hire this team, you will be glad you did!!
Arbor Ace removed 4 trees from my property including one extremely large maple in my back yard that was becoming dangerous because of decay. Mike and Joe were great to work with. They assessed the trees, gave their recommendations, answered all of our questions and walked us through how they were going to do the work, even taking an extra trip out to our house beforehand to plan out the removal. They were prompt and had the job done in one day. They cleaned up so well that the only sign they had been there were the stumps. I would highly recommend Arbor Ace.
I had a holly tree growing against my house that I needed to have removed. My co-workers recommended calling Arbor Ace based on their experiences. I'm glad I did, they did a fantastic job removing the tree and stump without damage to my foundation or roof. They cleaned up after the removal, every branch and twig. They even took the time to pet and play with my dog when she went outside to see what was going on in her yard. I definitely recommend them, I know if the need arises I wouldn't hesitate to call again.
Certified Treecare Safety Professional
NJ Licensed Tree Expert
NJ Shade Tree Federation Member
- Reputation Matters. Reputable companies are most likely too busy to seek your business by knocking on your door unsolicited.
- A “good deal” isn’t always a good thing. Avoid special pricing that is only offered if you make an immediate decision.
- Ask for certificates of insurance. Liability and Worker’s Comp insurance protects you if they damage your property or injure someone.
- Ask for references. If possible, try to look at some previous work the arborist or tree care company has done.
- Hire a NJ Licensed Tree Expert. Go to NJ Tree Experts for more information.
- Verify memberships in any of the tree industry organizations in New Jersey.
- Check for certifications. The International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) certification indicates a knowledge and understanding of proper tree care work.
- Acceptable methodologies. Certain unacceptable pruning methods can severely deforms a tree and creates hazardous conditions. Make sure they’re not doing more harm than good.
- Get a written contract. Know in advance what work is going to be done, the dates the work is scheduled to begin and end, the total cost, what clean-up will be done and whether stump grinding is included if a tree is being removed. Reference to ANSI standards A300 should be included in the agreement.
- Be flexible. Tree care work usually slows down as winter approaches and you may save money if work can be done in the off-season. The dormant season is actually the best time for certain activities, including tree pruning and some pest control.
Pruning or removing trees, especially large trees, can be dangerous work. Tree work should be done only by those trained and equipped to work safely in trees. When you hire a licensed tree expert, you can be sure he is reputable and has a superior level of knowledge and understanding of proper tree care work.